Saturday, September 24, 2011

Bob's Red Mill

FH and I had TONS of weddings to attend this year (we have 9 -- and we aren't done yet).  One was in Portland, Oregon.  I found this to be the perfect excuse to go early and spend some time at Bob's Red Mill who happens to have their factory just outside of Portland. 
me in front of the mill
Bob's has the products to use if you are gluten-free.  They are the brand that carry all the needed flours to bake gluten-free.  They also have their own packaged mixes, but most contain garbanzo bean flour which I am allergic to...  But that doesn't mean I can't buy their other flours!

I had been told that you should go to Bob's to buy in bulk.  So away we went....

At first, I had sensory overload and spent about 10 minutes just wandering the factory store.  I finally got it together and hit up the bulk bins.  I can't even tell you how inexpensive it was.  Example:  You'd pay about $6-7 for one bag of brownie mix if you bought it in the store.  We got at least 5 bags worth of brownie mix in the bulk area for about $2.  AMAZING!

When we checked out, I felt like I was on the Extreme Couponing Show, although I didn't even need any coupons.  We easily got at least 75% off typical prices of the different flours.  I was so giddy, I called all my gluten-free buddies to share the good news!  If you live anywhere near Bob's and you are gluten-free -- I highly recommend going to shop!

Now, I just need another excuse to go back....

No comments:

Post a Comment