Thursday, June 9, 2011

Product Placement



I had to run to the store to grab a tomato for our dinner tonight.  And I also picked up some Betty Crocker Gluten Free Brownie Mix.  You didn't know those two items were in the same aisle?  I had had a rough day at work and the store didn't have chocolate sorbet....

So I figured I would buy the mix and then blog about it -- and eat some chocolate to make my day better!  It is tough trying to bake with allergies.  You can't just go to the store and buy a mix with a can of frosting and away you go.  It doesn't work that way.  You have to plan things out.  And go to the speciality stores to buy the ingredients you need.  Until Betty Crocker.  Who rocks, by the way!

You can now go to the store and get gluten free mixes.*  Chocolate Cake.  Brownies.  Chocolate Chip Cookies.  Vanilla Cake.  And my personal favorite: Bisquick!!!!  I have not tried any of them, until tonight!  (I am extremely excited to try the Bisquick!).

The recipe was really easy to follow.  Add 2 eggs, 1/4 cup melted butter (of course I used Futter) to the mix -- how easy is that?!  I used an 8x8 pan and glad I did.  The mix was really thick and I had to use a spatula to spread it out in the pan.  It also didn't rise very much (the reason I was happy I used the 8x8 pan). 

But.... after it cooled and I took a bite..... it was YUMMY!!!  And it was so easy to make.  I am HIGHLY recommending this product :)




*Make sure the mixes are also free of your allergens.  The brownie mix was safe -- and I actually think the others are safe as well.  Just use safe add-ins (like rice milk, egg replacer, futter, etc.) and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment