Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Challenge Update

I am sad to admit that no, I did not enter the Betty Crocker Challenge.

Things got just a little insane at the end of my school year which happened to be right around the time of the challenge due date. We had a few suspensions, a kid go to jail (yikes!) and an investigation -- all within the last 3 weeks of school. Entering a challenge was far, far from my mind!

But I did at least try and make a few different things: Apple Cinnamon Cake and Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes* (recipe coming soon -- I promise)!









*Plus, if I am going to enter a contest, then I need to try out the recipes a few times -- right? And STUPID Betty Crocker decided to change their chocolate cake mix and added SOY flour! NOT cool Betty Crocker, not cool. So I am no longer able to eat the chocolate cake mix. Therefore, I am not going to post the Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes -- since I can't eat the mix anymore, I won't be making it again. Maybe instead I should write Betty Crocker and ask why they changed the mix? Probably should calm down a bit before writing a not so nice email/letter.....

No comments:

Post a Comment